Whether you are starting your workshop from the start or want to upgrade, a benchtop bandsaw is a tool that you should make sure you purchase. A pretty sturdy band saw is one of the most versatile pieces of equipment in any standard workshop.
These power tools make rip cuts as a table saw, cross cuts like a mitre saw, and can help you reduce the thickness of a board, much like a thickness planer. By buying the best benchtop bandsaw, you’re investing in the future, as this machine should last you for years.
It is evident that nobody wants a bad investment. This is why you need to make sure that you pay attention to the critical features of what to look for when you want to purchase one of these incredible pieces of machinery.
The primary function of a bandsaw may seem simple. However, while focusing on horsepower, blade and table size are often overlooked. Depending on the kind of work you’re doing, a different bandsaw will be appropriate for your needs.
Designed with just an electric motor and a set of wheels with a band stretched around them, band saws are handy for quick cuts and intricate work alike, helping to speed your workflow and improve results. When a band saw is fitted with the right band, these saws also can cut metal.
If you’re ready to upgrade your workshop with this power tool, this benchtop bandsaw review would get you in the loop about the best band saws options on the market today. There are two main types of band saws that you can choose from floor-standing band saws and benchtop models.
Each style has its benefits and drawbacks, but we would be reviewing only the benchtop models for this article. Benchtop bandsaws are usually the band saw of choice in a workshop with a small space.
This is because these benchtop bandsaws are usually placed on the top of an existing work surface, for example, an assembly table or a bench, whenever they are to be used. One feature of this particular type of band saws that comes in handy, whether you have a relatively small space or even a larger space for all your woodwork, can be easily stored away when they are not in use.
They are perfect for space management if you ask me. Benchtop bandsaws are versatile tools that can cut through wood and even metal in whatever shape you want, be it a straight line, in a curve, or an irregular shape.
Band saws offer the user almost 100 percent control during the cutting process as the tool is composed of a long thin blade that runs between two wheels. Here is the best bandsaw for you to choose from.
Our Favorite Choice Of Benchtop Bandsaw Summary:
5 Best Bandsaw Review In Details:
1. Rikon 10-3061, 10″ Deluxe Tabletop Bandsaw, Includes Fence and Two Blade Speeds
This Rikon Bandsaw makes it to this list quickly as it is generally excellent. The saw is an attractive choice for woodwork enthusiasts and hobbyists and is very easy to get running as it comes almost fully assembled, including a blade already mounted.
The Rikon Bandsaw, though a premium choice, gives a lot of value for its price. Rikon is dedicated to manufacturing woodworking machinery of the highest quality to enhance the woodworking experience, and the Rikon 10-3061 is not an exception. The Rikon Deluxe 10-3061 is just what you need in a benchtop bandsaw.
This benchtop band saw has a small 10 inches’ wheel saw, but it offers excellent build quality and many unique features. They have a quick-release lever for the blade tension, a high-quality fence, a toolless, spring-loaded guides, and hefty aluminum wheels.
This machine is perfect for any craftsman’s project as it produces smooth cuts in wood and metal. The manufacturers have made two blade speeds available so you can cut nearly anything, including non-ferrous metals.
These two different blade speeds let you speed up or slow down the blade based on the material size and density. The cutting capacity of this Rikon model has been increased.
When combined with the increased ½ Hp motor, this cutting capacity makes this band saw a fantastic choice for small to medium-sized projects. The complete unit has a wide front guide rail with adjustable scale, sturdy cam-lock fence carrier with a wide panel, and a 2-3/8″ tall x 12-1/4″ long aluminum fence extrusion.
The 2-1/2″ OD dust port fits most standard shop vacuum hoses, making it easy to keep your work area clean. Because it combines small size, beneficial features, and good build quality, they are excellent saws for craftsmen who have limited space but still want a band saw that can serve.
- Tool-less blade guides.
- The quick-release blade tension lever.
- Large blade tracking knob and viewing window.
- Dust port for shop vacuum hookup.
- Safety paddle on/off switch.
- It comes with a 5/16″ x 6TPI regular blade.
- 5-year limited warranty.
- Table Size: 13-3/4” x 12-1/2”, Table Tilt: 5 degrees left, 45 degrees right.
- Dimensions – Fence Size: 12-1/4″ x 2-3/8″, Dust Port Size: 2-1/2″ OD, 2-1/4″ ID, Base Size: 15-7/8″ W x 9-3/8″ D, Overall Size: 34-1/4″ H x 21″ W x 16-1/4″ D.
- Blade Length: 70-1/2″, Blade Width: 1/8″ to 1/2”.
- The dust port fits most standard shop vacuum hoses making it easy to keep your work area clean.
- It is durable, and it will hold a lot of pressure.
- The wheels are easy to control and would help you get better precision.
- It might be heavy to carry about.
2. SKIL 3386-01, 120-Volt 9-Inch Tabletop Bandsaw with Light
The SKIL 9-Inch bandsaw is one of the best bandsaws there are, even though it might seem cheap. This makes it a good choice for woodworkers who want the best even though they are on a budget.
Skill 3386 is a perfect balance between budget-friendly and high-performance. This model is a close-to-perfect replacement for an industrial bandsaw. The SKIL 3386-01 is a light-duty model with a 59½-inch blade and a 2.5-amp motor that runs on 120V at a speed of 2,800 RPM.
It has a flexible LED light for increased visibility of your cutting line. This would help you stay on track during long cuts. EZ View Blade Tracking allows you to align the saw’s blade swiftly, ensuring uninterrupted work.
The table bevels up to 45 degrees, has a 9-inch throat capacity, and a mitre gauge and rip fence are included. The maximum cutting capacity is 3½-inches, making it enough to cut a 2×4 on edge.
This 9-inch benchtop bandsaw comes with a rack and pinion adjustable table that helps you choose the right height and change angles quickly. Its 6-TPI blade is ideal for slicing wood into thinner pieces and cutting irregular shapes.
The rip fence guides your workpiece, helping you to make straight, accurate cuts. You’ll also like the convenient mitre gauge that helps you make crosscuts.
- Rip fence for straight, accurate cuts.
- 6 TPI band saw blade that cuts through a variety of wood materials.
- Articulating LED work light for a better view of the workpiece and cut line.
- A 1-1/2-inch dust port that keeps the work area clear of dust.
- Rack and pinion table adjustment for quick angle and height adjustments.
- The motor has only one speed for wood or metal-based materials.
- It is budget-friendly.
- The saw is beginner-friendly in terms of size, presence of light, and the rack and pinions.
- The SKIL band saw has been designed for speed.
- You can choose the right height and change angles quickly and easily.
- The SKIL bandsaw might not be large enough for some woodworkers.
- The machine tends to heat up speedily.
- The SKIL bandsaw has only a one-speed motor; therefore, it is unsuitable for professional projects.
3. WEN 3962T Two-Speed Bandsaw with Stand and Work light, 10″
This WEN 3962T Bandsaw comes with a two-speed operation. You can make this band saw model either run at either 1520 or 2620 feet per minute. Users can change this speed based on the size of the project they are working with.
The model comes with a stand, making it a suitable choice for beginners as it is way easier to use. The WEN 3962T is budget-friendly while not compromising on quality.
It weighs approximately 74 pounds; two people can quickly move it from one place to another. It’s not that big, so if your workspace is small, this would be the perfect fit since you don’t have to sacrifice a lot of space for it.
This bandsaw is a perfect blend of form and function, as it is both powerful and compact. Its powerful 2.5-amp motor causes the blade to run as fast as it does.
The machine is designed to cut a variety of materials and uses 59 ½ inch blades that vary in size (⅛ to ⅜ inch). With it, you can make cuts that are 9 inches wide and 3½ inches deep.
The machine’s compact nature allows it to be used on various flat, sturdy surfaces with ease. Ball bearings ensure it operates smoothly, delivers clean cuts, and lasts long.
An adjustable blade guard ensures the saw has no kickback and keeps you safe. You’ll also love WEN’s two-year warranty for this bandsaw.
- Adjustable fence.
- Sliding Miter Gauge.
- 3.5-amp motor creates cuts up to six inches deep and 9-3/4 inches wide.
- 72-inch blades that can be anywhere from 1/8 to 1/2 inches in size.
- A bevelling table that is spacious ( 14 1/8 X 12 ½ inches) and can bevel up to 45 degrees.
- A 3-in-1 Dust collection port.
- A 25-Inch stand which is optional.
- Flexible work light with independent power switch.
- Onboard measuring guide.
- Ball-Bearing operation.
- Comes with stand.
- It has a 3 in 1 dust collection port that can accommodate three different sizes of hoses.
- The saw table allows for making cuts a challenging angles.
- The blade guard can break with consistent use.
- The fence is not tight enough.
4. Grizzly Industrial G0803Z – 9″ Benchtop Bandsaw with Laser Guide
The Grizzly manufacturing company always makes sure the tools they produce are of standard quality. This particular model comes with superior cutting performance and portability and enough power to cut down the heavy woods.
The package for this benchtop bandsaw includes a rip fence, adjustable blower, and laser guide. The Grizzly G0803 was awarded as Top Value by Wood Magazine for its combination of features.
These features include an efficient 1/3HP motor, heavy-duty feel, and portability. To blow your mind, it has recently been upgraded with a new laser guidance system and adjustable blower to provide superior visibility when following a cutting line or template.
This is a sturdy, well-built machine that features a 62-inch blade and accepts blades up to 3/8 inches wide. It can cut pieces up to 3.5 inches high and has enough power to cut through green woods and dense materials.
Changing blades and adjusting tracking and tension is simple and the small footprint and top handle make moving it around your workspace easier. The saw weighs less than 50 lbs, so you can also effortlessly move it between your home, garage or woodwork area.
This 9-inch benchtop band saw is loaded with features that make it a game-changer for hobbyists and an absolute must-have for pros. Overall, this is an excellent project for smaller jobs, and many find it a fantastic option.
- 62-inch blade.
- Efficient 1/3 HP motor.
- Laser guidance system.
- Adjustable blower.
- Carrying Handle.
- Paddle Safety Switch with Removable Key.
- Extruded Aluminum Fence & Rail.
- 2″ Dust Port.
- Upper & Lower Ball Bearing Blade Guides.
- Laser & Adjustable LED Work light.
- Rack-and-Pinion Table Tilt.
- Quick-Release Blade Tension.
- The table specs make it comfortable to use.
- The dust port manages all the dirt in your workspace.
- The Grizzly is easy to set up and repair.
- The motor provides two-speed cutting operations, and this gives variety in the kind of jobs and materials you can work with.
- Not exactly budget-friendly.
- It can be a bit noisy.
- The fence has only one anchoring point, which makes it easy to throw the machine off track.
5. WEN 3939T, 2.8-Amp 9-Inch Benchtop Bandsaw
If you are not familiar with the WEN brand, then you should definitely try out this option. This particular WEN band saw model is one choice because it is a combination of innovative design and high quality.
The WEN 3939T has been built for challenging work. Including a handle, mitre gauge, dust port, a fence for straight cuts, an adjustable blade guard, and much more, the WEN 3939T 2.8-Amp 9-Inch benchtop bandsaw creates deep and wide cuts on boards.
The 9.5-amp motor of this band saw is reliable and makes it simple to work with. This benchtop band saw by WEN includes a 3/8-inch-wide blade, a dust port, a fence, and a mitre gauge.
The adjustable blade guard is built for your safety and helps in giving you precise cuts every time you use this benchtop band saw by WEN. Smooth and precise, the WEN 3939T 2.8-Amp 9-Inch benchtop bandsaw is an investment that will not let you down.
The upper housing includes a small window to reveal a blade tension gauge. This gauge helps to identify whether a blade has the correct tension appropriately. It is super easy to assemble as the stand elevates the band saw without sacrificing space on the shop’s workbench.
- 2.8 amp motor rotates the blade up to 2460 feet per minute.
- Create cuts up to 3-5/8 inches deep and 9 inches wide.
- It uses 62-inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in size.
- Spacious 12 x 12 inch work table bevels up to 45 degrees.
- Includes a 3/8-inch-wide blade.
- A dust port.
- A fence.
- A mitre gauge.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It is quite compact but still powerful.
- The rip fence helps to keep your cuts straight.
- The machine vibrates slightly as it runs.
- The machine is quite heavy.
- You might find it hard to put the machine together on your own.
In general, bandsaws are tools you cannot do without in your workshop, and you know you have to get the best whenever you make a purchase. Bandsaws come in a variety of sizes and at different prices.
It is up to you to make a choice suitable for you and your workspace. I hope this benchtop bandsaw review would have undoubtedly helped you in making that good decision. Happy woodworking!
DIY Ideas & Projects For You: