Before biscuit joiner, woodworking has been going well, but there has been an upgrade with biscuit joiners, and woodworking has gotten even better. Joining two or more pieces of wood together is very important, but using nails and screws might be untidy sometimes. That is when the plate joiner comes into play.
You might be wondering why I am using the plate joiner and biscuit joiner interchangeably. Well, biscuit joiner and plate joiner are terms used to refer to the same woodwork tool. They are used to create joints, edge-to-edge joints, and even perpendicular joints and strengthen them.
To pick the right and best biscuit joiner, there are a couple of factors to consider. The motor and power are major factors to consider. Amperage might seem powerful, but they are not the main power focus. It would be best to have a decent speed rate, the RPM, to create accurate joints.
With a good number of RPM, you are sure to finish your job fast and at a good time. After all that, you can then check the handle features, fence, blades, and accuracy. On today’s review list, I present the top 5 best biscuit joiners in the industry to help you search for the right biscuit joiner.
Our Favorite Choice Of Wood Biscuit Joiner Summary:
5 Best Biscuit Joiner Review In Details:
1. PORTER-CABLE 557 Plate Joiner Kit 7Amp
Through innovation, improvements, and development, Porter-Cable has made sure that their tool makes it one of the most reliable and powerful woodwork tools available. Their tools are durable, and the motors produced by them are very powerful, just like that of the Porter-Cable Plate Joiner Kit, model 557.
This motor is a 7.0 amps motor that is strong (more like powerful) enough to move at a speed of 1000 Rounds Per Minute (RPM). Very impressive, right?. It can cut through softwood and even hardwood easily and accurately, giving it clean cuts. The rate at which the motor performs greatly and accurately makes it very suitable for professional woodworkers and DIYers. It can work with biscuits of all sizes; 0, 10, and 20.
One unique feature about this biscuit joiner is the fence which can be tilted at any angle ranging from 0° to 135°. This enhances versatility and makes it easy for the user to use when making miter joints. It also has a 90 degrees adjustable stop which allows you to cut through joints at a particular horizontal angle.
Thanks to the pinion and rack, the users can do fine adjustments easily and accurately. It also helps to keep the fence and blade well aligned to make accurate cuts.
The handles of this biscuit joiner are made of plastic and with a user-friendly design. Unlike other plate and biscuit joiners, Its bale grip handle is attached to the fence, not to the motor. This feature is said to help increase and ensure stability and comfort to the hand of the user.
The height of the fence can also be adjusted to fit your needs and position. Amongst the other features is the rotating adjustable depth stop which works for seven positions allowing the user to make identical cuts of the same depth.
Packaged in the box that carries this biscuit joiner is the following items; a dust bag made of cloth, a plastic centering plate, a chip detector, an Allen Wrench, and a user manual. For a clean workspace and surface, the cloth dust bag can be used to collect debris. Or you could use a vacuum by connecting it to the 1-inch O.D dust port of this wood biscuit joiner.
- The Porter cable plate joiner kit is backed up by a 3-year warranty, a 1-year free service, and 90 days money-back guarantee.
- It weighs 7.5 pounds; the total package weighs 10.23 pounds, lightweight.
- 7.0 amp motor with 120 volts.
- The motor moves at a speed of 10,000 Rounds Per Minute (RPM).
- 4 inches diameter blade.
- Height adjustment knob made of plastic.
- A rotating depth stop for seven positions.
- 1-inch dust port.
- Bale Grip handle located on the fence for stability.
- It comes with a black carrying case, chip deflector, centering plate, Allen Wrench, and an operating manual.
- 7 inches high.
- Black in color and made of plastic.
- Powerful and great performance.
- Easy to use and control.
- Grip handle on the fence, not motor.
- Seven depth stops.
- Adjustable fence from 0° up to 135° unlike other joiners.
- Compact design and portable.
- The location of the grip handle might not be convenient for some woodworkers but only for a while.
2. WEN JN8504 8.5-Amp Plate and Biscuit Joiner with Case and Biscuits
There has to be an item from WEN. Having lived up to the expectations of woodworkers and their promises, WEN has no doubt made it to countless of the top best lists of many power tools. And this top 5 review list is not an exception.
Powered by an 8.5 amp motor, this biscuit joiner tool is best for joining edge panels, strengthening joints, aligning boards, and jobs alike. This motor rotates the blade, which is carbide-tipped and 4 inches in size, to move at a speed of 10,000 RPM. This strength is powerful enough to cut through both softwoods and hardwoods easy peasy.
This biscuit joiner tool features a fence that can be adjusted from 0° up to 90°. Its height can also be adjusted to suit workpieces of different sizes and shapes. To create identical depths on a workpiece, an adjustable depth stop is designed on the tool.
All you have to do is to set a stop to your desire. The preset stops you have set on the depth scale helps to create identical slots but only for sizes 0, 10, and 20. Coupled with the amazing features embedded in this biscuit joiner, It also comes with 50 biscuits of various sizes, including 24 biscuits of size 20, size 10 biscuits (16), size 0 biscuits (10). Also, a detachable dust bag for collecting dust particles to ensure a clean workspace. And all of this comes in a black blow mold case for easy carriage and transportable.
- The WEN JN8504 comes with a two years warranty and a stocked inventory of replacement parts.
- It weighs 11.73 pounds, lightweight.
- 8.5 amp motor moves at a speed range of 10,000 RPM.
- 4 inches carbide-tipped blade.
- Adjustable fence up to 0 – 90 degrees.
- Preset depth stops for biscuit sizes 0, 20 and 20.
- It also comes with a dust bag, 50 biscuits of various sizes, and a blow mold case.
- 19.8 inches by 8.7″ by 7.4 inches dimension.
- Great value for the money.
- Good performance.
- Powerful motor and rotates at a high speed.
- Compact and portable.
- None yet.
3. Makita PJ7000 Plate Joiner
The third item on our list of top 5 biscuit joiners is a product from Makita. Makita corporations are well known for their innovative batteries and motor production. They also provide users with tools of great performance, compact and power.
Combining power and precision alongside easy-to-use features, the Makita PJ7000 serves as the best biscuit joiner for furniture making, cabinet construction, and other fine woodworking tasks. It is powered by a 5.6 amp motor which controls the blade to move at an amazing speed of 11,000 RPM. I must say, this is the most powerful motor so far. With this speed, you are sure to finish at a good time with accurate and precise cuts.
This biscuit plate joiner features a rack and pinion adjustment fence, which is designed to provide accurate adjustments for the fence. The fence can be adjusted to three positive stops at 0°, 45°, and 90 degrees to ensure accuracy.
The 4 inches blade of this biscuit joiner can cut 3/4 inches deep into a material. And to ensure automatic accuracy and easy precision during those cuts, you should use the six-depth stop settings with one-touch stops designed on the tool.
The cam locks for the fence adjustments are designed to be clear to read and easy to operate. This would help to make quick adjustments to the fence when need be. The base, also known as the shoe, has rubber inserts designed to ensure a sturdy stance and prevent the tool from marring the surface of the workpiece in use. It also has a dust port which allows you to connect a vacuum to it if you wish to.
The Makita PJ7000 is so small and portable that it can be picked up at any time and taken anywhere but yet so powerful and reliable. It has a large grip handle for the comfort of the user’s hands when being carried and all of its awesomeness packaged in a blue case.
- The Makita PJ7000 comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Weighs 11.88 pounds.
- Blue in color.
- 5.6 amp motor carrying 110 volts and 700 watts.
- Motor moves at 11,000 RPM.
- Made of aluminum cast iron.
- Fence with stops at 0°, 45°, and 90 degrees.
- Uses Lithium-ion batteries.
- Adjustable pinion and rack fence to positive stops at 0°, 45°, and 90 degrees.
- Six one-touch cutting depth settings.
- 4 inches blade diameter.
- Rubberized shoe/base for stability.
- Large grip handle for comfortable handling.
- Can accommodate biscuits of sizes 0, 10 and 20.
- It also comes with a 4 inches carbide blade, a set plate, a dust bag, a lock nut wrench, an angle guide, and a tool case.
- Very powerful motor.
- High-speed rate.
- Compact design.
- Easy to use and change.
- Not so versatile.
4. DEWALT DW682K Plate Joiner Kit, 6.5-Amp
Accuracy is critical when creating joints, and Dewalt has made sure to make it more possible by providing the Dewalt plate joiner kit, model DW682K. It is one of the most durable and affordable biscuit joiners in the market. With its features, you can cut slots for holding biscuits accurately and with good precision.
Much better than others, this biscuit joiner tool features a dual pinion and rack fence. This ensures that the fence and the blade stay parallel to each other, which is most times the toughest part of making a perfect joint. This alignment also makes it convenient and ensures accuracy for the joiner. This fence has also been engineered to be flexible and versatile such that it can be tilted from 0 degrees to 90 degrees.
With an impressive 6.5 amps motor, the blade rotates at a speed of 10,000 Rounds Per Minute and can cut as deep as 20 mm into all types of wood, even hardwoods. In addition, this biscuit joiner has a heavy-duty but non-marring aluminum shoe that keeps it sturdily clamped to ensure perfect work. It also has retractable, anti-slip pins which can be used to hold a workpiece down, thereby preventing any unexpected or jerky movement that can mar the surface of the workpiece. With this, you can rest assured that the joints will automatically be crafted perfectly.
Weighing a small 6.6 pounds, this plate joiner can easily be referred to as the lightest of its class. So portable that it can be carried anywhere at any time. Do not let its size make you underestimate the performance of this biscuit joiner. It might look small but can perform any woodwork task, whether heavy-duty or light duty. Likewise, other plate joiners, the DW682K features preset depth stops, which helps make accurate cuts of the same depth.
- The Dewalt (DW682K) is backed up by three years limited warranty, a one-year free service contract, and 90 days money-back guarantee.
- Weighs 6.6 pounds, total weight 9.98 pounds.
- 6.5 amps motor moves at a speed of 10,000 RPM.
- It uses one lithium-ion battery.
- The adjustable dual fence can be tilted from 0° to 90 degrees.
- Dual rack and pinion to ensure proper blade and fence parallelism.
- While the Heavy-duty aluminum shoe ensures sturdiness, the Retractable anti-slip pins hold workpieces in place.
- Preset depth stops for accuracy.
- Comes with a plate joiner of the same model, a carbide blade, a vacuum adapter, a wrench, a Torx key, a dust bag, and a soft kit bag.
- Powerful and reliable.
- Easy to use.
- Lock-on features.
- The fence cannot tilt past 90°
- The handle might need to be tilted downwards before startup.
5. REXBETI Wood Biscuit Plate Joiner Kit with 100-Piece Wood Biscuits
Powered by an 8.5 amp motor, the Rexbeti wood biscuit plate joiner blade is controlled to move at a speed of 10,000 RPM. This blade is carbide-tipped, 4 inches in size, and designed strong enough to cut into hardwoods. It also features a fence that can be adjusted from 0 to 45 to 90 degrees using the angle knob.
The height and depth of the fence can also be adjusted with the help of the depth and height knob. It also has a preset depth scale which creates the same stop with identical depths. Before use, make sure to remove the safety lock screw.
The Rexbeti wood biscuit plate joiner is created to ensure that woodworkers of all types carry out their tasks with ease and comfort. But it is the best choice for beginners. The carbide-tipped blade comes with a lock screw which helps to prevent accidental startups and requires to be unscrewed before the tool can start working.
Among the items in this kit are 100 extra biscuits of various sizes, including 70 pieces of size 20 biscuits, 20 pieces of size 10, and 10 pieces of size 0 biscuits. It also comes with a dust bag and a dust port if you need to attach a vacuum to it.
- The Rexbeti Wood Biscuit Plate Joiner kit weighs 8.83 pounds.
- 4 inches carbide-tipped blade.
- 8.5 amp motor with 1010 watts.
- Motor moves at 10,000 RPM.
- 14 mm maximum cutting depth.
- Adjustable metal fence from 0° to 90° with angle knob.
- Depth knob for four depth settings; 0,10, 20, and “M” settings.
- It comes with a safety lock screw for the blade.
- It comes with extra 100 biscuits, a dust bag, and a dust port.
- Large grip handle.
- Four depth settings.
- User-friendly design.
- Comfortable to hold.
- It needs extra attention when being turned on because, with the lock screw in, it can’t come on.
- It comes with quite a small dust bag.
- It might not be so easy to use at first.
When you check the items listed above, it is hard to determine the best because they all have impressive features. Almost all of them are engineered with a powerful motor that has the capacity to produce a speed range of 10,000 rounds per minute, which is quite competitive. But for the most powerful, I would go with the Makita PJ7000 Plate Joiner, which is equipped with 5.6 amps and produces a speed of 11,000 RPM.
For the most budget-friendly yet powerful and reliable biscuit joiner, I would go with the WEN JN8504 Plate and Biscuit joiner. Manuals have been provided and packaged by some manufactures alongside the tools. It would be best if you read it to know how best to use and maintain the tool and ensure safety.
DIY Ideas & Projects For You: