Are you looking for the best woodworking power cordless drill? If so, you’ve come to the right review online that highlights the top five picks in the category. Learn about their features, functions and benefits and later decide which one suits you perfectly. Let’s begin.
Best Power Cordless Drill For Your Woodworking Projects
1. BLACK + DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver
The BLACK+DECKER LDX120C is a cordless drill or driver that runs on a 20V max Li-ion battery. Among the range sold by the brand, this model is a top rating product that receives positive remarks from its users. It is affordable yet powerful to help you perform your task smoothly.
This cordless power drill is lightweight and compact, being one of the smallest in the category. You might want to pick it if you’re looking for a drill to use even in tight spaces. Also, it can be used from a wide range of angles but without undermining the quality of the output. You will also not feel fatigued even after long hours of use because it weighs only 3.4 lbs.
It also delivers reliable torque and power that makes it suitable even for hours of use. The BLACK + DECKER LDX120C can supply a 115lb of torque, delivering a maximum of 650 RPM. It also provides users with continuous performance and power and works on almost all types of surfaces. This power tool also offers quick charging with its durable battery. When not in use, it can store the charge for 18 months, ensuring you’ll have an available power anytime you want to use it. For the charging, it takes up to two hours for a full-charged battery.
- Comfortable good grip and lightweight.
- 11 Position Clutch for better control.
- Different speed settings for countersinking.
- Ideal for drilling metal plastic and wood.
- LED work lights for lighting the work surface.
- Not for professional use.
- Tightening the chuck might be hard.
- Torque might not be enough for heavy applications.
2. DEWALT DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion Compact Drill Driver
The DCD771C2 20V MAX is a battery-operated power drill driver set, providing users with 300 UWO translating to higher performance level. It also has different speed settings and offers reverse/forward control switch, doubling as a lock and off switch.
This product also has an effective and efficient single sleeve ratcheting chuck along with a carbide insert, offering tight bit gripping power. The DCD771C2 also has different torque settings up to 16. To be able to adjust the torque, it also has a collar, helping you perform your task smoothly.
It comes with a keyless chuck plus a rotating sleeve, adding convenience. This product also has an automatic spindle lock setup, letting you open and close the chuck with only one hand. The DCD771C2 offers high-speed transmission, delivering up to two speeds, applicable for a wide range of drilling and fastening applications.
Finally, the model is made by no other than DEWALT, an established brand in the power tools category. Peace of mind, ease, comfort, efficiency and power are some of the things to expect for users who would choose this power drill and driver kit.
- 300 unit watts out for high performance motor.
- Comfortable and ergonomic handle.
- Durable construction and excellent design.
- Two speeds for its high-speed transmission.
- Lightweight and compact design to fit tight areas.
- Included battery pack not fully charged.
- Not for hammer drilling.
- No slot for bit storage.
3. Bosch DDB181-02 18-Volt Compact Tough Drill/Driver Kit
If you’re finding top value yet maximum power for drilling, the Bosch DDB181-02 18v might be for you. It is ideal for beginners looking to carry out small and daily projects in their homes. This power drill set is compact and lightweight, preventing any strain and fatigue for long hours of use.
Even at a small package, this unit works well without any hassles. Its head length is about 7.1 inches and weighs only 3lbs, making it one of the smallest and compact tools around. This product might be a good choice for either HVAC professionals or electricians that do much of driving and drilling.
This power drilling tool also features an ergonomic handle, giving you convenience and compact use but without feeling hand fatigue. With it, you can work for more hours while helping you drive and drill with accuracy. Regarding the control, this product has a solid and compact design, making it a reliable one despite working in tight spaces.
- 18V cordless drill, variable speed trigger.
- Ergonomic and lightweight design.
- Two 18V batteries included.
- Keyless chuck design.
- Can deliver up to 350-In.lbs of optimized torque.
- Not for heavy-duty applications.
- A bit expensive.
- Slower battery charge time.
4. Makita XFD061 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Driver-Drill
The Makita XFD061 might be for you if you’re after a power drill tool that suits different applications. While it does not belong to the league of professional tools, but it does prove as one of the handiest and reliable tools for woodworking around. This tool has a 2-speed design, giving you flexibility in performing drilling applications with ease.
It also has 4-pole direct current motor, which is rated at 530 in lbs torque. In addition, the product offers hammer drilling at variable speed settings to deliver an output of 28,500 beats per minute. If you’re using the low speed setting, you can work with hard materials ordinary drills on the market might not be able to do.
Regarding adjustments, it offers reverse and forward along with two gear ratios plus variable speeds to use in the modes. The chuck can accommodate 1/2 in drill bits. However, it does not come with drill bits, although can accommodate most bits with a common shaft.
- Easy to operate and lightweight.
- Long lasting and includes a fast DC18SD charger.
- Comfortable grip.
- Does not include extra batteries.
- Might not be for professional or industrial use.
5. Hitachi DS18DGL 18-Volt Cordless Lithium-Ion Drill Driver
The 18-Volt compact drill driver kit comes with a Li-Ion tool warranty along with 2-yr Li-ion battery warranty. This drill driver set can deliver long lasting power for your drilling jobs around the house. It also possesses the ergonomic signature design of the brand, which delivers total convenience and comfort even after using for many hours.
Precision driving with high torque is a remarkable feature that also makes this the ideal choice for woodworking enthusiasts around. It comes with the 22 plus 1 clutch, delivering up to 22 settings. This product also has a drill mode for both precision driving and high-torque applications.
The two-speed gear setting also lets users choose the ideal speed per application. Also, the drill driver set comes with LED light points, preventing cast shadows and illuminating the bit tips. Out of the box, you can use it right away! It comes complete with a Li-ion battery and charger, which can charge it in about 35 minutes. Its charger’s technology also provides protection to the battery versus over charging and overloading.
- Convenient LED light illuminates the work surface.
- 2-speed gear setting delivering up to 1250 RPM.
- Ergonomic grip for its slim and slide style Li-ion batteries .
- Complete with a charger and battery.
- A bit expensive.
- Might not be for heavy duty applications.
There you have our review of the best woodworking cordless drill 2018. Have you picked the right drill and driver set for you? Compare and weigh your options well according to your budget, features, desired applications and other factors you deem important. Happy Woodworking!
Check out our article on 7 Essential Woodworking Power Tools List All Woodworkers Must Have HERE.