While the term jigsaw might get a lot of people thinking about puzzles, the jigsaw being reviewed in this article is an important tool in the home workshop that can’t be overlooked.
We know how hard and tasking it is to make a perfect choice of the jigsaw for your home improvement needs and that is why we have taken the time to write this article reviewing the best jigsaws for you. This article is written to take away the burden of searching the internet and cracking your brains to make a suitable choice of a jigsaw.
The Jigsaw is a widely used tool that allows the woodworker to saw different materials like wood, metal, plastic, ceramic tiles, and gypsum board in both straight and curved cuts. This machine cuts irregular curves in these materials.
Most people love to use this machine for home improvement projects because of its lightweight and ease of use. Along these lines, there are numerous jigsaw items to be found in the market with different styles, designs, cutting capacity, and power sources.
The biggest advantage of a jigsaw is its versatility. While it may not be the best saw type if you’re working on bigger constructions, it’s a great tool to have for smaller work.
The jigsaw does not just allow you to make straight and curved cuts but also, it can help you in making decorative cuts to construct different gift and decorative items. As you might have guessed, only the best Jigsaw will empower you to make such unique cuts.
These jigsaws also deal with the wood or different materials by preventing burning while at the same time making cuts. Thus, most expert woodworkers consistently work with the best Jigsaws, and they recommend these tools to even beginners too.
A corded jigsaw doesn’t need batteries and is best applied for continuous use or tough cutting jobs. Their motors range from 3 to powerful 6 amps of power. 6 amp of power delivers more and can cut through thin metals, thick woods, and other tough materials.
Unlike a corded jigsaw, cordless jigsaws are the ultimate in convenience, meaning that you can just grab your jigsaw and quickly go to the job site to make a cut. Keep in mind, the battery should be charged.
As a buyer of jigsaws, you should remember these 2 principal things so that you can get the best jigsaw for you:
Power Source – by and large, the jigsaw deals with two fundamental kinds of power sources – Electric (corded, appropriate for cutting different materials however has restricted work region) and Battery (cordless, runtime relies upon the battery charge and can chip away at any spot). Thus, pick the one, according to your needs.
Motor – The motor is the fundamental source of energy all through the jigsaw and this is what makes it work appropriately. It has two sorts – brushed (generally for corded models) and brushless (for cordless models) structures. Likewise, one needs to think about the engine speed and force before buying.
Our Favorite Choice Of Jigsaw Summary:
5 Best Jigsaw Review In Details:
1. DEWALT DW331K Jig Saw, Top Handle, 6.5-Amp
To start our review into our pick of jigsaws amongst the corded jigsaws, we have DeWalt’s DW331K that has been built for ease, performance, and power. As the most premium option on this list, it has been built with many fantastic features that would fit your needs. This jigsaw is one that I can recommend confidently any day.
This DeWalt model has many promising functions, starting with the 6.5-amp motor that produces 500 to 3100 strokes per minute. To manage this, you have the option of using the 4-position orbital action, which lets you choose how powerful you want the cuts to be. Tool-less blade changing is another key feature that makes this jigsaw a go-to for many users.
This comes in handy when using it on different materials that make it versatile as well. Complementing this is the variable speed control that lets you make quick adjustments while offering precise cuts.
Now, talking about the durability, this jigsaw is equipped with an all-metal gear case and a plastic, non-marring shoe cover. Thus, it is a viable choice while working on not only the most stringent task but also for cutting through delicate materials.
It also has a 4-level bevel cutting ability along with the lock-on system. Both these functions come together to allow you to get the perfect finish.
- The product is 6A Top Handle Jigsaw.
- Easy to use.
- The product is manufactured in China.
- Powerful 6.5 Amp motor delivers the cutting power for the most demanding materials.
- variable speed delivers 500 – 3,100 strokes per minute for optimal cutting speed for all applications.
- Keyless lever-action blade clamp for quick and easy blade changes.
- All-metal gear case and keyless blade lever enhance tool durability in a professional shop environment.
- 4-position orbital action allows for faster, more aggressive cuts; Innovative flush cutting blade system allows for the completion of flush cuts without up cutting.
- The design of the machine is ergonomic.
- It has an all-metal gear case which enables it to be more durable.
- Lock-on feature.
- Sturdy foot.
- Includes a non-marring plastic shoe cover to protect materials from scratches.
- The machine is likely to deform under stress.
- Improper alignment in some cases.
- The machine does not have an LED in the front which makes it harder to see the cutting line.
2. SKILL JS314901, 6-Amp Corded Jigsaw
This Skil jigsaw works well for those who need precision and power for their woodworking projects. It comes with a powerful 6-amp motor with a speed range of 2500 SPM. The built-in laser guide will help you to have accurate straight cuts. The variable speed trigger will adjust the speed while cutting and thereby provides you complete control over the cutting process.
The 4-position orbital cut control (from 0 – 3 settings) will let the saw work for fast and smooth cuts. Its custom molded tool rest design will prevent the blade from getting damaged due to damaging material. This jigsaw offers these amazing features at a very decent price. So it’s an excellent value for its price.
- High cutting efficiency– The 4-stage orbital function allows smooth cutting ability across different materials and applications.
- Speed control– The 2-finger trigger provides increased control.
- Quick-adjust angled cutting– adjust the shoe bevel for angled cutting without the need for a tool.
- Clear view precision– an on/off dust blowing switch gives a clear view of the piece being sawed so you can easily track the cutting line.
- Easy blade change– replace saw blades in a matter of seconds with the tool-free blade Clamp.
- Bright halo LIGHT—Get 10x more light than standard LED! Light up your workspace and reduce shadows.
- Its unique stable foot design will provide better control over the cutting process.
- The 4-position orbital cut will allow you to set the type of cutting you desired to have for the particular material.
- The built-in laser will help you to have proper accurate cutting.
- Best budget jigsaw.
- The saw can be quite heavy.
- It has a very sensitive trigger which can be dangerous if you are not careful enough.
3. Bosch Power Tools JS470E Jigsaw 7.0-Amp
The Bosch Corded Jigsaw is a high-end quality corded jigsaw. The Bosch company is well known for the quality and efficiency of the machines they produce. Bosch released a series of jigsaws that are differentiated by the amount of power they punch and the JS470E sits as one of the most powerful of the five, with 7 amps of power within this model.
The JS470E is an amazing corded jigsaw with a no-load engine that can arrive at a complete speed of 3,100 SPM. Be that as it may, you will require a different speed for every material, particularly in case you’re moving between applications, for example, drywall and wood.
To change the speeds appropriately, you’re to utilize the variable speed dial, situated on the rear of the jigsaw, and the touch-sensitive variable speed trigger. The trigger will permit the blade to move quicker or slower – and this relies upon how gently or hard you squeeze the trigger.
Matched with the variable speed dial, and the lock-on button, Bosch gives a component of control that is very hard to track down in models of this worth, without compromising on the other parts of the saw. The capacity to operate the speed at your level can have a major effect on the outcome of your work.
This Bosch tool features a tool-less blade ejection lever so that you no longer have to touch hot blades when you want to eject them. Credited to the internal precision control, this machine’s plunging system is designed for low-vibration to enhance accuracy and extremely smooth operation.
There is also an ambidextrous lock-on button for long stead cuts and user comfort. There is also an adjustable dust blower to keep the cutting line clear and a large, sturdy die-cast foot with a steel insert.
- 7.0 Amp / 120 Volt Motor.
- 4 Orbital Action Settings.
- Can generate from 500 strokes per minute (SPM) to 3,100 SPM.
- Max Cut Depth of 5 7/8″
- Dust Blower.
- Slow Start Feature.
- Plunging System and a Low-Vibration Lever.
- Bevel Cuts Adjustment (45 degrees).
- Ambidextrous Lock-on Button.
- Tool-free blade changes.
- Blade Ejection Lever.
- No LED light.
- 1-year warranty.
- The low-vibration allows you to perform smooth jigsaw operations.
- The multidirectional blade clamp provides a superior grip to the T-shank blades.
- The four orbital action settings allow you to cut with different blade strokes.
- Ideal for cutting any hard materials.
- The handle is comfortable and the machine makes precise cuts.
- You might find the machine a bit noisy.
- Limited Warranty.
- The machine is slightly pricey.
4. Makita JV0600K Top Handle Jig Saw, with Tool Case
In the case that you don’t like popular brands such as Dewalt and Bosch, another wonderful option for you is the Makita JV0600K. The Makita JV0600K Jigsaw is well known for its high quality at even a lower price point than the other popular brands. This brand has made a name for itself by coming up with powerful tools that can easily withstand the pressures of working for long hours.
This choice has a wider scope of stroke speeds and a solid engine. With over 6.5 amps of power, you can cut through woods up to 3.5 inches thick. These 6.5 amps of power are just slightly lower than our top-rated alternative, the Dewalt jigsaw.
But then, it is generously less expensive. Couple that with a variable speed range with its maximum at 3,000 SPM, and you have an exceptionally amazing and adaptable jigsaw from Makita.
One element that we love is the decrease in the saw’s vibration. The enormous trigger, inner counterbalances, its ergonomic hold makes the gadget truly simple to utilize. Also, on the off chance that you need to cut bigger parts of the material, the saw has a lock-on button that keeps your hand from getting tired.
The frame on this jigsaw is of high quality, as the body is worked from a die-cast aluminum housing base. While the gadget’s steel cutting limit is at ⅜ inches, it has a maximum wood cutting limit of 3 ½ inches. With its tool-free blade design, you can change out sharp edges from this gadget, using t-shank blades.
- 6.5 Amp / 120 Volt Motor.
- 3 Orbital Action Settings.
- 500 SPM – 3,000 SPM.
- Max Cut Depth of 3 ½”
- Adjustable Built-in Dust Blower.
- Bevel Adjustment (45 degrees).
- Tool-free blade changes.
- Blade Ejection Lever.
- Trigger lock.
- No LED light.
- The design is simple made, and the build is robust and precise.
- The blade-changing mechanism is easy to operate.
- No vibration and it cuts great.
- The saw is powerful, yet small enough for tight spots.
- It has only 3 orbital action settings.
- The orbital setting dial is not smooth.
- Large base opening.
- The bevel base loosen up under vibration.
5. PORTER-CABLE PCE345 Orbital Jig Saw, 6.0-Amp
This rundown of the top best jigsaws can’t be complete without including the PORTER-CABLE PCE345 6-Amp Orbital Jig Saw. This is a heavy-duty Jigsaw that comes with a 6Amp engine that can deal with intense projects at varying speeds up to 3,200SPM.
The jigsaw has a 13/16 inch stroke length and a max cut depth of 4 inches. Additionally, the saw is capable of cutting at 45 degrees angles by adjusting the jigsaw’s shoe cover.
Like every other model of Jigsaw in this review, the Porter-Cable has been made with a keyless blade change that permits the user to make quick blade replacements and in that way, increasing productivity. We likewise love the four positions orbital lever that accompanies this model as it offers the user the best level of performance when cutting through various materials.
With this particular jigsaw, you don’t have to continue pressing the trigger while operating it. Because of its orbital cutting activity, we can prescribe this model to any individual who is searching for an effective jigsaw to help them in cutting softer materials, for example, plastic and wood
The tool also includes a variable speed control that permits the user to change the speed of the jigsaw. Another component that you may appreciate is the lock-on button that allows non stop activity. Moreover, this model accompanies a delicate hold that improves your comfort when working for longer periods.
- Powerful 6 Amp / 120 Volt Motor.
- 4 Orbital Action Settings.
- The cord length is 6 feet.
- The stroke per minute range is from 0 SPM – 3200 SPM.
- Max Cut Depth of 4″
- Length of Stroke: .8125 inch.
- Brushed motor type.
- Tool-free blade change.
- Bevel Adjustment (45 degrees).
- 3-year warranty.
- 7 adjustable speed settings.
- Can be used on a wide range of materials including PVC, Nylon, Plastic, and wood.
- The Porter cable Jigsaw has a seven-position speed dial.
- It is affordable and comfortable to use.
- Tool-less blade change.
- This saw is not exactly the best for heavy-duty tasks.
Jigsaws seem like simple tools, but they are designed to handle complex tasks. Although all jigsaws are the same in terms of their jobs, all of them can’t perform well in your workplace and to suit your needs.
Hence, you need to research thoroughly and make sure you choose wisely the best Jigsaw for you. Each one of the top five tools highlighted here in our review could easily be considered the best available jigsaw for you.
With that said, if we have to choose just one top pick, it would be the Bosch Corded Jigsaw. There is no other reason for this choice other than the fact that its additional features push it over the line.
DIY Ideas & Projects For You: