Beginners in woodworking are sure to have a tough time finding the best sliding miter saw for their woodworking projects. Even the professionals have not exactly found their way around making the best choice of miter saw yet.
It is no news that sliding miter saws are an absolute necessity for any job site or workshop. This useful equipment can make accurate, quick, and smooth crosscuts in practically no time.
If all you wanted was a sliding miter saw that can make cross cuts and angled cuts, know that you would be presented with a variety of options that have various features you wouldn’t know how to manage. To help you make your choice easier and faster, I have gathered and assessed five of the best sliding miter saws you can purchase online or even any hardware store around you.
In this article, you would see the features, pros, and cons of each of the best miter saws around so you can choose the ideal miter saw for your woodworking project. Miter saws are saws that have a table that turns to the right and left, permitting you to change the angle of the cross-cut you are making. The blade drops straight down and your cut capacity is restricted by the diameter of the saw’s blade.
This cutting limit will even be smaller than the blade’s diameter since the arbor hinders the blade, not allowing it to drop all the way through. The cutting limit might, however, surpass the blade’s radius when you make a cut against the back of the fence.
There are different types of miter saws and the sliding miter saw has become the most popular choice over the years, especially for home woodworking workshops. A sliding miter saw is a kind of miter saw that adds sliding rails to let the saw blade slide front to back across the wood.
These sliding rails increase the size capacity of which a board can be cut and gives you a greater depth of cut in the wood than a similar size ordinary miter saw. With the sliding feature engaged, the user pulls the head forward, turns on the saw, and pushes the blade back into the lumber. Most sliding miter saws likewise incorporate the capacity to make a compound cut.
The sliding miter saw is the best choice for you if you need to cut deeper material like 1 x 12 or 2 x 12 lumber. Sliding miter saws have a larger capacity to work with than non-sliding miter saws.
A sliding miter saw is perfect for longer pieces of wood you’d be working with, thanks to the blade that can travel in a sliding motion. Not only longer pieces of wood are perfect for cutting with a sliding miter saw, but also thicker pieces of lumber you may be using. Check out the reviews to make your choice.
Our Favorite Choice Of Sliding Miter Saw Summary:
5 Best Miter Saw Review In Details:
1. Makita LS1219L 12″ Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser
It is very hard not to give the Makita LS1219L the number one spot on this list because that is its rightful position. This Makita sliding saw is a premium choice and it is worth every penny it costs.
There is so much to be loved about this saw and it is so hard to know where to start. The Makita brand is very well known for delivering quality tools and accessories.
The Makita 12’’ Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser is a combination of precision, capacity, and efficient dust extraction in a more compact size. This tool comes with a remarkable 2-Steel Rail Sliding System that offers a decreased impression for operation flush against a wall.
The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right). The saw is controlled by a 15 AMP direct-drive engine with a key point of difference, its soft start. Direct drive empowers smoother starts and reliable, consistent power without any belts to slip or replace.
The electric brake gives additional ease. Moreover, the electronic speed control keeps up consistent speed under load for smoother, more excellent cutting.
- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall.
- Increased capacity for up to 8″ crown molding (vertically nested), 6-3/4″ baseboard (vertical), and 15″ crosscuts at 90°
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation.
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance.
- The innovative direct-drive motor and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (6-3/4”).
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver “dead-on” accurate cuts.
- Less weight (65 lbs.) and the most compact design in its class for easy jobsite portability.
- Powerful 15.0 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 3,200 RPM.
- A large-sized aluminum base improves the stability of material for efficient cutting.
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life.
- You get a full 15 inches of crosscut capacity at 90 degrees with3-⅝’’ thick material.
- Makita’s direct-drive motor, 6 linear bearing dual rail system, and outstanding 60 tooth 12″ blade deliver a smooth cutting experience that you’ll be hard-pressed to rival.
- The bevel system is very accurate.
- You might find the bevel system a bit over-engineered.
2. SKIL MS6305-00 10″ Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw
In case you don’t know, SKIL is looking to dominate the homeowner’s market and they plan to do that with their quality and value. The quality of this particular miter saw is unique and second to none. One amazing fact about this product is that it is budget friendly despite the quality.
This 10 inches dual bevel sliding miter saw is powered by a 15-amp motor that drives 5,000 RPM, delivering expanded force and durability. This miter saw includes a horizontal grip handle with a safety trigger located in the center for left-or right-handed use. The 9 detents on the stainless steel miter plate and 11 miter areas consider 50-degree cuts left or right, with 11 positive stop positions at usually utilized points.
The tool comes furnished with a cam miter lock handle for repeatable accuracy, solidness, and simple adjustments, while the tall sliding wall upholds 4-1/2 inches base molding vertically, and 6-1/4 Inches crown shaping vertically settled. The LED Shadow Line gives high precision cuts more prominent accuracy than customary lasers, while the lightweight plan and built-in handle give comfort and portability. The quick work clamp rapidly secures the materials for a safer cutting.
- The powerful 15 amp motor delivers 5,000 RPM for quick, detailed cuts.
- The dual bevel perform cuts in four positive stop positions at 48° & 45° left, 0°, and 45° right.
- LED shadow line provides high precision cuts with greater accuracy than lasers.
- Crosscuts lumber up to 2×12 at 90 degrees, and 2×8 lumber at 45 degrees.
- Cuts up to 50 degrees left and right with 11 positive stops at most used angles.
- Linear bearings allow for the smooth and accurate operation to cut.
- A center located safety trigger allows for left or right-handed use.
- Suitable for right and left-handed use.
- Very budget friendly.
- Might not suitable for heavy duty use.
3. Bosch GCM12SD – 15 Amp 12 Inch Dual-Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw
This sliding miter saw is one unique product. You might be wondering what makes it different from the others. The Bosch Power Tools is the only sliding miter saw on this that is built with an axial arm instead of rails.
With the introduction of this axial arm, the Bosch power tools’ design is space saving making it perfect for compact workspaces. It also allows you to reach the edge of a wider workpiece easily. The to and fro movement of the axial arm is also really smooth.
The Bosch miter saw has a dual bevel system that lets you tilt the saw left and right to make bevel cuts, this makes the job easier because the user doesn’t have to reorient the workpiece to make another cut. Its bevel angle swings up to a maximum of 47 degrees on both sides.
The blade included in this saw is a 12-inch carbide-tipped blade. It comes with a wrench for easy blade change, a vertical work clamp, a dust bag, and a shop vacuum adapter.
- The patented glide system allows wider crosscuts and better alignment while also being compact; This saves you 12 inch of valuable workspace; Bosch glide miter saw also offers unmatched smoothness of cut.
- Expanded cutting capacity 14-inch horizontal capacity nominal 6 1/2 inch vertical capacity against the fence base 6 1/2 inch crown capacity against the fence 45 spring.
- The GCM12SD miter saw provides easy adjustments with a large easy to read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detents and roof pitch angles.
- Square lock quick release fences lock fence 90 degrees to the table and requires no adjustment, 1 touch lock/unlock to slide fence for added support.
- Upfront bevel controls all-metal bevel lock levers and range selector located upfront for quick and easy bevel settings without reaching behind the saw.
- The blade guard is transparent and lets you see the cut line as you work.
- The power switch is large enough that it can be used comfortably by right or left-handed users.
- The Bosch miter saw has a sliding base extension that provides extra support for longer workpieces.
- The space-saving axial arm system allows you to reach the edge of a wider workpiece to make a cross, bevel, or miter cuts.
- The saw is quite heavy, so it’s not as portable as the other products on the list.
- The price tag is not exactly convenient for those on a tight budget.
4. DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The DEWALT DWS779 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw makes any woodworker’s work simpler thanks to its ground-breaking engine, super sharp blade, and easy to understand design. This drop saw conveys solid and noteworthy performance when used to cut thick workpieces. It has a bigger 12″ saw, permitting it to arrive at the edge of 2×14 effectively during crosscuts.
The transparent blade guard permits you a more clear view of your cut line. This sliding miter saw weighs an incredible 56 lbs. The good news? You’ll realize immediately that the entire unit is made of heavy-duty materials. But this option is not the most portable.
You can make crosscuts, bevel, miter, and compound cuts with it. It has a higher sliding wall that supports the taller workpieces. Furthermore, the fences are finished, guaranteeing that the lumber won’t slip while you work.
- Integrated CUTLINE™ Blade Positioning System provides adjustment free cut line indication for better accuracy and visibility.
- Powerful 15 Amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability.
- A super-efficient dust collection system captures over 75% of dust generated.
- Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 7-1/2 in. nested and base molding up to 6-3/4 in. vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts.
- Exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2×14 dimensional lumber at 90° and 2×10 at 45°
- Adjustable stainless-steel miter detent plate with 10 positive stops improves productivity and ensures cutting accuracy.
- Miters 60° to the right and 50° to the left providing increased capacity.
- Oversized bevel scale makes bevel angle adjustments accurate and easy.
- The saw is pretty easy to set up.
- Its 12-inch blade allows you to take on larger and wider workpieces confidently.
- The miter plate is very easy to adjust.
- The dual bevel system allows you to make bevel cuts without repositioning your workpiece.
- Its handle is not ambidextrous and virtually has no cushion to it.
- This is one of the heaviest sliding miter saws.
- Poor dust collecting capabilities.
5. Metabo HPT C10FSHCT 10-Inch Sliding Miter Saw with Laser Marker
The C10FSHCT is a 10″ sliding compound dual bevel Miter Saw with a laser marker. It includes an improved engine with 42% more power and 40% more torque. The C10FSHCT is lightweight (45.2 lbs.) and outfitted with a basic and compact slide structure.
This slide system diminishes the impression of the saw by up to a foot, allowing the saw to sit almost flush against a divider or on a benchtop without trading off the range of movement. Consequently, the C10FSHCT is an incredible miter saw for small shops and tight garages.
The saw is outfitted with a LED light to give the user greater visibility and a more secure workplace in low light environments. The easy to adjust tool-less laser marker permits the user to make accurate cuts without fail.
- Powerful 15 Amp motor to tackle tough cutting jobs with ease.
- 0-48 degree bevel angle range to the right and left allows user to quickly and easily flip the saw blade, and leave the material in place.
- 0-60° miter angle to the right and 0-55°miter angle to the left for ultra-flexibility.
- Simple and compact slide system allows the saw head to slide along fixed rails, for zero rear clearance.
- Marker system increases cutting accuracy.
- Only 40.7 lbs makes for easy transport to the jobsite.
- Provides more visibility and a safer work environment in low light situations.
- Ergonomic upfront bevel lock for quick and easy adjustments.
- The LED light gives the user more visibility.
- The dual bevel system allows for ease when you want to produce a bevel cut either on the left or right side.
- The work area is usually a bit cleaner because the dust bag can collect a large percentage of the dust.
- The saw is a heavy-duty one with a 10-inch blade that can cut even the thickest of hardwoods.
- The bevel adjustment is at the back of the machine and could be quite hard to reach.
In the event that you need a saw for cutting a wide range of materials with high accuracy, at that point you can go with a sliding miter saw. These for the most part offer exceptionally precise control while cutting through anything because of their different control options.
Each one of the top five tools highlighted here in our review could easily be considered the best available sliding compound miter saw. With that said, if we have to choose just one top pick, it would be the DEWALT DWS780 Sliding Compound Miter Saw. There is no other reason for this choice other than the fact that its additional features push it over the line.
DIY Ideas & Projects For You: